Sunday, September 15, 2013


            During the summer I read the novel "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R

Martin.  In a world were seasons last years at time, the Stark family (the wardens

of the north) battles to keep their family together as politics and darker things try

to rip them apart. The author of this book did a great job to give every character,

great and small  such great  depth. No one character is wholly evil, or good . This

book actually reflects  the real world  maybe not a good light but a true light .

Each character has a motive , whether it be out of honor or revenge. Characters

also have rich histories, explained mostly through dialogue  between characters.

Even details like dialogue and inner thought  are so well done that it seems that

these characters are living breathing  people .          This book had such a big

impression on me that it had me truly think about people and their  actions. Like I

said before, no one is all evil or all good. There's this saying , "Hitler loved dogs ".

If you think deeply it's trying to say even though he committed atrocities he had a

softer side like everybody else . Know I won't judge people by first impression .      

            What I learned from this book is to not judge a book  by its cover whether it

looks  good or bad . I would recommend this book to anyone that loves fantasy

books or novels that have great and memorial characters.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Your opinion on the story makes me want to read emotional books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre discriptions of the characters and the way the book made you think and feel was excellent. along with the way you could connect this book to your own life. Great job.

    ReplyDelete